- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- Cookies and other technologies
- Display of tailored advertising/Your choices
- Using the Driving Thru mobile phone and tablet Apps (the "Mobile Apps")
- How we protect your information
- Children's privacy
- External links
- Visiting our app or website from outside the United States
- How you can contact us
What information we collect from you
Information you provide. We collect information when you create or update your Driving Thru account. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, payment or banking information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date), government identification numbers (such as a social security number, driver’s license number, or passport), vehicle information (such as license plate number, and make and model of vehicle), and other preferences and settings that you enable for your Driving Thru account. We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys, or from information that you submit when you contract Driving Thru customer support, provide ratings or reviews of other users, or otherwise contact Driving Thru.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and vehicle information, purchase history, and demographic information. In addition, if you sign up for Driving Thru using your social media account, link your Driving Thru account to your social media account, or use certain other Driving Thru social media features, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider's policies. The information may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender, list of friends, and other information that you authorize us to receive. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations ("Location Data") to provide you with relevant content and services. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
Information created when you use our services. If you use Driving Thru’s services, we automatically collect your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as GPS, IP addresses and WiFi. If you are a restaurant partner we collect information when the Driving Thru app is running on your device. If you are a customer, we collect location information when the Driving Thru app is running. We collect transaction details related to the use of our services, including your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and time, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies . We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information and mobile network information. We enable users to communicate with each other and Driving Thru through the Driving Thru app, website, and other services. For example, we enable customers and delivery partners, to call or text each other. To provide this service, Driving Thru receives some information regarding the texts or calls, including the date and time of the text or call, and the content of the communications. Driving Thru may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
How we use your information
With whom we share your information
Driving Thru may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website, or app, or to facilitate the delivery of advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on or through our app or website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to our app or website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to Driving Thru), we may share some information about you with that referring app or website. We have not placed limitations on the referring apps or websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any app or website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, app or website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our app and website receives or the most popular restaurants or retailers. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
You can access and update your contact information by visiting the app or website's Member Profile page. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to make an order or to take advantage of certain features offered by Driving Thru.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you. If you are a registered member, you can also modify your choice at any time on the Member/Customer Profile page. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions through Driving Thru, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from our app or website, you will not be able to access portions of our app or website or access the services offered by Driving Thru.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on our website and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from our app or website, you will not be able to access portions of our app or website or access the services offered by Driving Thru.
In addition to the above cookies, we use Local Shared Objects, also referred to as "flash cookies," on our website. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our app or website. Local Shared Objects are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer or handheld device. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided to Driving Thru, and cannot be accessed by other websites or apps. To find out more about flash cookies or how to disable them, please visit a link.
Driving Thru may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve website performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our website. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of tailored advertising/Your choices
Data collected by Driving Thru to serve you with relevant advertising. Driving Thru is committed to providing you with relevant content and information. To do this, we may, through cookies and other technologies, collect information about your searches. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads, on our app, website or elsewhere online, that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a restaurant in California on our website, you may see an ad for a California restaurant on our app, website or on another website you visit. Please note that we do not combine the information we collect about your searches on website with personal information (such as email address) to serve you with ads across other apps or websites. We also do not share your personal information with third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising. The advertisements you see on our app or website are served by us or by our service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through Cookies and other technologies . These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our app or website; and (2) advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different apps or websites. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our app or website and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our app or website, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
Data collected by companies that operate cookie-based exchanges to serve you with relevant advertising. Like other companies operating online, Driving Thru participates in cookie-based exchanges where anonymous information is collected about your browsing behavior through
Cookies and other technologies and segmented into different topics of interest. These topics of interest are then shared with third parties, including advertisers and ad networks, so they can tailor advertisements to your apparent interests. We do not share personal information (such as your email address) with these companies and we do not permit these companies to collect any such information about you on our app or website.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization that is addressing this issue are in the process of determining what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Driving Thru currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Using the Driving Thru mobile phone and tablet Apps (the "Mobile App")
When you use the Driving Thru App, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to this, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our Mobile App. Specifically:
- We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the Mobile App. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
- The Mobile App also sends us the device's unique device identifier (or "UID"), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device. We use this only on the first opening of the Mobile App so that we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective ad banners and other marketing tools.
- When you use a Mobile App, you will be asked to allow access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – in order to identify your location for our services. This location data may be collected anonymously as part of search requests logged by our servers. You can switch off the Mobile App’s access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu, but you will not be able to receive the services provided by Driving Thru.
- Each Mobile App will also send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
You always have the ability to control what information a Mobile App sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the Mobile App under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely but you will not be able to receive the services provided by Driving Thru.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using our app and website to receive the services provided by Driving Thru, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no app or website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 16 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Visiting our app or website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our app or website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us